Our high-quality, low-cost refurbished computer systems feature Windows® operating systems.
Microsoft Office® is available at a reduced price. Ask your sales consultant for details.
*Volume pricing and custom configurations are available. Contact us with questions or for a quote.
download organization application
An organization must meet the following eligibility requirements:
Eligible Charitable Organization means an organization that meets the Microsoft Community Technology Skills Program eligibility requirements:
- Nonprofits: Nongovernmental organizations that hold charitable status in their country/region (for example, a 501(c)(3) designation in the United States).
- School-based: Nonprofit or governmental organizations that provides services to the community outside of school hours, such as evenings and weekends.
- Government funded and operated: Nonprofit organizations that receive government funding or that partner with a governmental organization to run their programs.
- Also, community health clinics that are designated as Community Health Center Programs by the U.S. Department of Health.
- Educational Institutions that are: accredited academic institutions; or vocational institutions; or preschools that provide educational services to children; and serve at least ten children; and have been in operation for at least one year.
- Administrative offices of an Educational Institution that are: district, regional, state, provincial or national administrative offices; organized and operated exclusively for administration purposes; or government groups whose activities primarily consist of providing administrative support for Educational Institutions.
- Public museums that: are organized primarily for educational or aesthetic purposes; have a professional or volunteer staff; and own or use real objects, care for them and show them to the public on a regular basis.
- The faculty, staff and students of any Educational Institution, home school program, hospital, healthcare system, and research laboratory are not included in the definition of an Eligible Recipient.
Complete Organization Application Form (page 2) and return to Ability Built Computers for review.
Applications will be ranked according to use: percent of poverty, number of children, and use of computer – education, job skills, employment, assist with disability
Provide a copy of the organization’s 501(c)(3) or equivalent FEDERAL tax-exempt determination letter. Minnesota Department of Revenue form does NOT substitute.
Applications are reviewed on a weekly basis. Applicants are then notified of application status and if approved, a time is scheduled for pickup of computer system.
Applications are on a first come, first serve basis and availability of a computer systems is not guaranteed.
Computer systems include one each of: computer base unit, monitor, keyboard, mouse, and cables. Systems are not guaranteed to have built in sound.
An administrative fee will be paid to Ability Built Computers at the time of pick up.
Other computer equipment may be available: business copier, notebook computer, mice, keyboard, and monitor.
Please note that equipment redeployed by Ability Built Computers is provided on an “as is” basis with no warranties or guarantees from Ability Built Computers or the organizations or individuals who have donated equipment. Ability Built Computers provides the equipment to the recipient without liability or an obligation to provide indemnity of any kind. We will, however, provide exchanges on faulty equipment for up to 30 days, EXCEPT for damage caused by the user.
Recipients of equipment will execute the agreements provided by Ability Built Computers that govern license rights to the software Ability Built Computers installs on the equipment. The recipient agrees to comply with applicable laws and regulations governing ownership and use of the equipment, in particular those laws and regulations governing the proper disposal of the donated equipment.
No refunds will be given. Personal checks are not accepted.
Ability Built Computers
1911 14th St. NW
Rochester, MN 55901
Phone (507) 535-7119
FAX (507) 281-6270